The Alberta Ferret Society (AFS) is a non-profit, charitable organization, founded in 1997 and operated by a province-wide network of devoted ferret-wise volunteers.
The primary objectives of the Alberta Ferret Society are:
- To promote the health and well-being of the domestic ferret (mustela putorius furo).
- To provide a rescue and adoption service specifically for ferrets, in order to compliment and lessen the strain on other animal welfare organizations.
- To find safe, healthy and caring adoptive homes for sheltered ferrets.
- To provide medical treatment, rehabilitation or when necessary, long-term care for sheltered ferrets that are too traumatized, elderly or ill to be easily adopted.
- To provide education on the care and handling of the domestic ferret to all people, organizations and businesses with an interest in ferrets.
- To promote proper veterinary care for ferrets through contact with veterinary clinics and associations.
- To represent and promote the best interest of ferrets at a provincial and local government level.
Read “Our Story” to find out how the Alberta Ferret Society became Alberta’s only Provincial Ferret Rescue.
We are grateful to the fund that was generously donated by the green guide to maintain the operation of this website. The green guide is website and magazine that talks about tips on green livings and environment protections. They also provide advises on shopping for home and garden, electronics, household utilities and even wedding dresses.